Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012

Hello!  We received another letter from Kyle today.  Actually, we receive one every Monday!  :)  He sounded pretty good.

He for sure let us know that Summer is hot in Chile.  He is starting to carry around a 2 liter water bottle with him everywhere he goes!

He also finally got his Visa and I guess it was quite a process.  He mentioned it is like going to the DMV 3 times!  I guess he had to wait forever and ever but he finally has the paper work to show that he is legal in Chile.  Yay!

He has been able to get to know lots of new people the last couple of weeks.  Just this past week he taught 30 lessons so he was super excited about that.  He seems to be playing a LOT of Bingo with his new friends.  I guess they absolutely love it there and think it is the most fun game ever!

He also recently got called to be the ward/primary piano player.  Kyle says, "And everyone here thinks I'm freaking Mozart because I can play the piano but I'm really terrible at it! It's pretty funny."  

Next is a little blurb from his letter that we thought was funny ...

"Sunday was a good day too! It was super hot once again and wearing our suits to church kills me every single week. I'm really not looking forward to summer... We worked in the far sector again and found more good people to teach! I have also discovered a food here that I really can't eat... its a drink/dessert actually.. It's called mote con huesillo... It's basically apricot juice with a dried apricot in it with cooked wheat.... I really want to throw up every time I drink it. People here think it's so good and it may not sound too bad, but I really can't do it anymore haha We had lunch once day and the members gave us this for dessert and since I'm tall and bigger than all of them, they always give me more food including a HUGE bowl of more con huesillo... I thought I was going to die....." 

Anyways, he seems to be doing great!  He did get to go to the ward Halloween party, so below are a couple pictures of the missionaries all "dressed" up!  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment